It’s my blog, so I’ll do what I wanna! Besides, this was fun to make.
As Ben Shapiro says “I don’t choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.”
Footnotes, for any who care that much:
- “Deal with it” digital shades. De rigueur for the thug life.
- A fat blunt. Also de rigueur.
- An Orthodox cross earring, because I’m an Orthodox Christian.
- A pro-Brexit badge, because I was and am very pro-Brexit, even though I’m a Yank.
- A puppies badge, because the PC corruption of the Hugo Awards disgusts me, and I totally support Larry Correia’s efforts to reform it and/or Vox Day’s efforts to BURN THE WHOLE CORRUPT HOUSE DOWN TO THE GROUND. I don’t care which puppies win, so long as it’s some puppies.
- A GamerGate dualshock controller. Because I’m a gamer and a GamerGater. Remember: “#GamerGate: the hashtag that destroyed feminism.” In all seriousness, I was and am very proud to have taken part in GamerGate, and I honestly think GamerGate may very well have been the point where the historical tide turned against the authoritarian left. I really believe that GamerGate made such things as Brexit and President Trump possible.
- A copy of Plato’s Republic. This may be the best book. Period. Just the best. Plato set out to overthrow the Greek reliance on Homer as their basic teacher by writing a book that would OUTDO both the Iliad and the Odyssey put together. AND HE WON! The madman did it! Holy shit, how could you not love this book? I don’t think Christianity would have been possible if Plato hadn’t turned the entire Greek understanding of the world upside down. Even Nietzsche says as much: “Christianity is Platonism for the People.” [NOTE: I don’t count the Bible as “a book”; it’s actual name is τὰ βιβλία τὰ ἅγια, “the holy books.” Books, plural. The Bible is a library, not a book.]
- A bunch of red pills spilling out all over the place. ‘Cause I’ve had a bunch and, like Morpheus, I’m a red pill pusher.
- A can of Tactical Bacon. Because bacon makes everything better, including bacon. Why wouldn’t we weaponize it?
- Doritos and Coke, because they are my bread and wine.
- The golden apple of Ἔρις: καλλίστῃ!
- The golden scroll stands for philosophy. The two big letters are from Boethius, using an image from Aristotle, which divides philosophy into theoretical philosophy, θεωρία, represented by the Θ, which is placed high, and practical philosophy, πρᾶξις, which is more down to earth, and represented by the π. The ΦΔ is literally Ph.D., so this is my basically showing you my Ph.D. diploma without doxxing myself.
- Icons of Christ and Mary Magdalene. One very traditional and one somewhat untraditional. Like me. And again, because I’m Orthodox, and I can’t imagine life without icons at this point.
- The Fallout symbol with Vault Girl giving a thumbs up. Because I’m a Fallout girl. The amount of hours I’ve put into Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and now Fallout 4 is sick.